There are a few things I don't mind buying generic. Chocolate syrup is one of them, because basically we only use it in the Princess' chocolate milk. So when I came across this recipe I decided why not give it a shot. I might actually buy some vanilla ice cream to put it on. Yeah, I'm for sure going to do that, because it is AMAZING!

So I gathered all my ingredients. I usually have McCormicks vanilla, but my grandma bought this for me the other day so I could make frosting. Its twice as much for about the same price, plus I can't taste a difference.

Mixing the water and the cocoa powder together, whisk until dissolved. The recipe said to stir, but I will tell you now, a whisk is 10x better!

Add in your sugar, dissolving it, and bringing to a boil. Let boil for 3 minutes.

Once done boiling, let it cool. I let it sit for about 20 minutes, and it was still pretty warm. I added it to my jar anyway. (Im impatient)

My jar is now ready for the lid and ready to go into the fridge. It has a life of about 2 months, but once you taste how yummy it is, it won't last that long!
*1/2 cup cocoa powder
*1 cup water
*2 cups sugar
*1/8 tsp salt
*1/4 tsp vanilla
*Mix cocoa and water in pan. Heat and stir to dissolve cocoa. Add Sugar, dissolve. Boil for 3 minutes. Add the salt and Vanilla. Let cool. Pour into a clean glass jar and store in fridge. Makes about 2 cups.
yummmy , will give this a try x tfs vifrom flamingo toes and am your newest follower too x
ReplyDeletexmaggiex
Thank you, it is very yummy! I want to drizzle it all over everything!
ReplyDelete