7.19.2011

S'mores Bars

This past weekend we celebrated the Husband's big 30th! We have worked our butts off on our Massive backyard for about a month now to make it useable! I say we did a might fine job. We finally got the lights hung just right and everyone had a good time; birthday boy included.

So we ended up having a simple meal, hot dogs and a few salads along with chips and dips. I delegated the macaroni salad and potato salad out, along with one of the desserts. The others I made and ordered. Plus I made a pasta salad, and a some dips. It was a busy day! My dessert though was S'mores bars. A-freakin-mazing! They were ridiculously rich, but they were all but gone by the end of the night!
*I preheated the oven to 350, and greased my pan.
*I mixed 2 sticks of softened butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 cup sugar together.
*Adding 2 eggs and 2 tsp vanilla.
*In a separate bowl I mixed 2 2/3 cups flour, 1 1/2 cups graham crackers (about 14) (I just smashed them with my hands.), 2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
*I then added both bowls all together, mixing them well.
*I took half of the mixture and spread it out along the bottom of my pan. It wasn't even, and it didn't spread well because of the grease, but it worked.
*On top of the batter I added 2 1/2 super huge Hershey's chocolate bars. I bought them at Smart N Final. I just made sure the whole area was pretty much covered in chocolate.
*I then added 2 14oz tubes of marshmallow creme on top of the chocolate.
*I rolled the remaining batter into a few small balls and dropped them on top of the marshmallow creme, trying to cover most of it, but not all of it.
*I placed the pan into over for 30 minutes. (Give or take a few minutes)
*Enjoy warm or cold, either way its great!



Ingredients:

2 sticks butter (softened)
1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 2/3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups graham crackers (about 14)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 king sized chocolate bars (2 1/2 of the super sized ones)
3 cups marshmallow creme (2 regular sized tubs)


No comments:

Post a Comment