4.07.2011

Bow holder.

I've been wanting to get my hands on some mod podge lately and attempting to be crafty with it. So I went to Michael's last night and got some. I attempted to make the princess a bow holder a while back, but the glue strips I used werent strong enough and the fell off. So I had liquid nails sitting in the garage from not being used with the chalkboard. I really liked this paper, but only had 2 halves so when I traced the K I had to put them together. (in the final result you cant tell they are 2 pages.
I cut out the K, which was a pain in the butt! Probably because I have large fingers now, and the last time I really had to cut anything was like 6th grade.
I did one layer of mod podge, sticking the paper to it, applying another layer over top. I only had one little mess spot; very good since this was my first time using the stuff. I let it sit out over night completely drying. This morning I cut the ribbon pieces, burning the ends so they won't fray.
Using the liquid nails I attached the two ribbons. Liquid nails takes 6 hours to cure, 16 to set so I have the letter sitting out in the garage out of reach of little fingers. Once its completely dry I will hang it back in her room and attach bows to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment