First things first; brown the meat. I love onion flake, so my meat is always generously covered in it!
I layered it, starting with some meat sauce, followed by ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese then broken lasagna noodles, since long ones wouldnt quite fit all the way in my crockpot. I repeated this process for 3 layers until I got to the top. I then placed just noodles, sauce then the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
I turned it on low, and covered it. Letting it cook for 4- 6 hours. After about 2 hours your noodles will be soft, but it will not be hot at all!
The finished product. I used my parents and grandparents as taste testers, since this was my first attempt. They all said it was delicious so, good luck!
I will give you the original recipe, and you can either follow it or tweak it like I did.
1 lbs hamburger meat
3 cans (15 oz) Italian style tomato sauce
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 container (15oz) part skim ricotta cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese
15 uncooked noodles
Coat the crockpot generously in butter spray, start with sauce on the bottom. Then cook on low for 4- 6 hours. Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment