5.13.2011

Cele what?!? My son? No way!

I have a heavy heart. My eyes are always burning with fresh unshed tears. Although nothing is completely official, two words ring sourly in my ears. Cerebral Palsy. My handsome little fighter might be diagnosed with it. We went in yesterday for 6th month shots. Happy with the 6 ounce weight gain, unhappy with the heavy spit up again.... We changed him back to the AR lipil. We had him thoroughly checked. Dr. G was not happy with how tight and stiff his arms and leg muscles were.
So, we got a rush order into Audiology back at the local Children's hospital. We go Tuesday morning. His eyes have been checked, but not well. We also have a meeting set up with a local company that specializes in developmental therapies. My sister actually works for them, so I know they are one of the best places around. We are also going to be trying to get him into physical therapy; at 6 months old. He has not been reaching his milestones. He keeps falling farther and farther behind.

We also have to keep an eye out for the possibilty that it could be CMV. Which is a infection he caught in utero. I had some sickness, similar to Mono while pregnant, and passed it on. (I for the life of me cannot remember ever being that sick during pregnancy.)

My sweet little man is so happy, and I thought we were past all the major issues. I had hoped, and prayed we were onto happier, healthier times. I am leaving it with God, but at times I want to snatch it back and stress and worry about it some more.


So my prayer today is for acceptance. Acceptance of being unable to change what's happened. Faith; faith that God has plans for this little man, regardless of what happens. And Hope. Hope for a happy, healthy future despite any set backs we have within this first year.

No comments:

Post a Comment