5.19.2011

Photo holder.

So I really had no idea what to call this. I know what I will be using it for, to hold photos on my dresser, but calling it a photo holder is simplifing in my mind. Oh well. So I picked up this cheap frame at a local thift store for a dollar fifty! Score! So my first idea was to get a piece of sheet metal and glue it to the back and use it that way. I even bought a piece at lowes, then decided to do something different with the sheet metal, so I was back to have an empty frame,


I took my sander to it, sanding it down real quick. I then pulled out my left over rugged suede by Valspar.

I did about 3 quick coats across the top and along sides. The only part not painted is the very back, and that will be against the wall.

I went to lowe's yesterday and picked up this roll of hexagon chicken wire for about four bucks. Having 2 different people ask me if I had chickens. I laughed, and told them nope. Plus really how am I going to keep chickens enclosed with 24 inch by 10 feet of wire?

I picked up some clothes pins at target for about two dollars. There is about 50 in this package, so I will have plenty for any other projects that requires them. Or donate them to my grandma since she still uses them from time to time.


I used the tailgate of my husbands truck to roll the chicken wire out and staple down. I used 1/4 inch staples.

With wire cutters I trimmed off the excess wire, twisting the pieces around the staples so they stayed in place. I'll probably glue something over top of them eventually so they don't scratch up my paint, but right now it doesnt matter since my room isnt painted.


The frame is done. Now to just add some clothes pins so I can display my pictures.


I just grabbed out 6 pins, and painted 3 white and 3 black with my acrylic paints.


The pins dried in about 10 minutes at the most, so I was able to put a couple on the frame. Now to just hunt down my favorite photos. It took me about an hour to complete. Mostly because I did right around bedtime and had to deal with the princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment