
*Handheld game systems were bricks, and the screen was green.*There was no internet, at least not until the late 90's, and then it was very limited. Compared to today's internet it was like hot dogs and sirloin steak!
*We played outside with our friends, and going around the corner on our roller blades for an icee was just fine.
*We were called in for dinner, and allowed to go back outside and play more without supervision until it was bedtime.
*We got all our information from libraries, or an encyclopedia set. My grandparents have one, and I use to love looking up random things.
*There was never anything good on TV during the weekends, and therefore you had to entertain yourself.
*I grew up watching good, throw back nickelodeon; they were some of the best shows, and if I sometimes come across them on other stations I will watch them. Legends of the Hidden Temple, Double Dare, Wild and Crazy Kids, Are you Afraid of the Dark? to list a few.
*Tamagotchi's were all the rage. Everyone had one, and everyone wanted the best colors.
*We listened to our favorite songs on the radio and tapes. CD's came eventually.
*We would call in and request our favorite songs to hear ourselves on the radio.
*I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them right now; feel free to add more in the comments!

No comments:
Post a Comment