4.15.2011

Another bow holder

So this post is pretty comical in my eyes. For the first 2 1/2 years of my daughter life she had NO hair! I mean even headbands wouldnt stay on very well because there was nothing there to grip. Now a year- six months later she has so much hair, and such a huge need for cute bows (I think she needs them anyway) that she has need for a second bow holder since the larger one I made (redid) about 2 weeks ago does not hold them all! I went to Michael's last night in search of some solid wood blocks (total fail) and instead came out with this stuff, plus some more. Obviously I already had some of this stuff, but I bought the black white polka dot paper, white black polka dot ribbon, pink acrylic paint, letters, a square wood sign, a sponge brush and scrapbooking rinestone emblishments.
I first cut the paper to fit on the board, using mod podge, laid it down. While the dried just a bit I then painted the letters the pink. I put another layer of mod podge on top of the paper, and while it was still wet stuck the letters down where I wanted them.
I then used my charcoal paint to paint the sides making it all blend together (btw, paint before you mod podge anything into place!...oops)
Once the paint dried I added the rinestone emblishments (from the scrapbooking aisle) since it was long enough I was able to snag a few individuals ones to add to the letters as an added touch.
Once it was all dry I flipped it and added my liquid nails, putting my cut and fired ribbons pieces.
I then took it out to the garage, setting the name side up, and let the liquid nails set and cure. (takes 16 hours remember)
Since this particular board had no way to hang it I had a few of the metal back hangy things left over from the chalkboard. So I added one, need pliers to hold the nails in place because they were litterally 1/4 inch long! (fat fingers here)
I was able to put a since nail in the wall and hang it up in her room, with a few of her bows already in place!


No comments:

Post a Comment