4.17.2011

Hope, faith and love

Since completed my other shelf I felt the need to move onto my next one, and finish it as well. This weekend while the husband was off we went off to V-town, hitting up hobby lobby and then costco. After checking out and getting home from hobby lobby, I realized the lady forgot to put one of my letters in my bag...Grr! So instead of having faith, I now had aith. Ugh! I fixed some letters up and made my own F, and as long as you dont get up right against the shelf you can't really tell. So I painted my letters with my acrylic paint. Then moving onto the square blocks. They only had small ones, but I was able to put 4 together with liquid nails, and make it work.
I also bought this already completed hope. So I only had to paint it. I need to mention that the husband broke a couple of letters with our groceries from costco, so they had to be liquid nails'd back together! LoL!
Once my blocks set overnight, I painted the edges of my squares, then using mod podge and the black and white scrapbook paper I picked up at Michael's a few days back and put them together.
I used my charcoal acrylic paint. ( I seriously love that stuff; obviously) I painted the hope sign.
I did a final layer of mod podge, adding my painted letters to the blocks.
I had four small blocks left over. Instead of gluing them together I just painted them all individually, and then painted these smaller letters with white acrylic paint. (All these things will get your fingers dirty, but acrylic paint washes off easily with warm water)
I then used my favorite mod podge on the squares, placing the letters into place. I then moved them all over onto the shelf'; now to just get an adorable black and white photo of my lovely kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment