4.03.2011
Chalkboard
I headed out to Lowe's to gather my supplies. I didn't get a photo of the board before taking it over to my grandpa's and having him cut the framing and plywood so I could get going. I bought a 2 foot by 2 foot piece of inch thick plywood which will be the base. It ended up being cut down to 24 inches by 18 inches. I then bought a long piece of white moulding. (I should note that my grandpa cut the pieces because he owns a table saw and we do not, yet.) My grandpa cut those into 4 pieces angling the edges at 45 degrees so they all lay flush with each other. Then they were glued and nailed into place. Once I got home I got together the easier steps. I got my spray sanding lacquer. Doing one layer, sand it down with 220 grain sandpaper, then sprayed it again, sanding once more. It was now ready to be painted.
A few posts back I mentioned my free sample of paint from Valspar arrived, so I was able to use it painting the framing the color Antique Grey. I carefully taped off the frame once it was done so the chalkboard paint (Also by Valspar) didn't bleed onto the grey frame. I used frogtape, and that stuff it just about the best tape around. I've used the blue tape on walls before. Never again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment