6.09.2011

Strawberry pizza

I love strawberries, and strawberry pizza is one of my favorite dessert. We don't get it as often because the bakery that use to make it is no longer owned by the same family. Therefore I had to google a recipe. I didn't really follow the recipe to a T. But then again, when do I ever?



I bought premade sugar cookie packages, pushing it down into a pie dish. Using one whole roll per dish. I made 2. For the filling I used 2 packages of cream cheese, a box of powdered sugar and a few spoonfuls of whipped topping. The strawberries were from a road side stand, and mixed with strawberry glaze bought at wal mart.







Recipe for one pizza:
1 package sugar cookies
1 package cream cheese
half box of powdered sugar
a spoonful of whipped topping
about 15-20 strawberries
strawberry glaze

*Pressing the sugar cookie into whatever dish you wish, but a quick note; the larger the dish the faster the cookie dough will cook. Because my pie dishes were smaller it took about 25-30 minutes to cook the dough.
*I preheated the oven to 350, and slide the dish into the oven.
*In a bowl I mixed the cream cheese and powdered sugar, once mixed I added the whipped topping. Setting it aside into the fridge.
*I then washed the strawberries, taking the top off and slicing into a few pieces tossing into a bowl. Once my strawberries were sliced I mixed in the glaze. Depending on how much glaze you want to use. I used one smaller package for both pies.
*Once the dough was cooked I removed it and let it cool for a bit. Meaning I could touch the top with my finger and not burn it. Then I added the filling and the strawberries on top.
*You can either serve it right away, or place it into the fridge for later.


No comments:

Post a Comment